- All meats should be refrigerated as soon as possible and removed from any plastic packaging. Please cover in either foil or greaseproof paper.
- Beef, pork, lamb and game may be kept for up to 4 days in a domestic fridge.
- Chicken should not be kept for longer than two days in a domestic fridge.
- Once cooked all meats will keep for a further 4 days in foil, refrigerated.
- All meats are best frozen when at their freshest and should be double wrapped or in an airtight container.
- Beef, lamb, pork and game can be kept for 6 months comfortably.
- Chicken can be kept for 3 months.
- Frozen meat should be defrosted slowly, ideally in a fridge over a period of 24 hours.